Brats Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fun times with Swedish!


The Beginning of Wasa Wednesday!!!

As some of you may know, I am trying to learn Swedish... why? Well, I am not sure! It just sounds very funny to me so of course I have to try to learn it - it is a moral imperitive. (Learn English first maybe?)

My Swedish phrasebooks are next to useless though... In not ONE of them (I have 4) have I found the way to say "What is the word for," or "How do you say" and I think those are pretty useful when starting off in a new language.

I will start you off with a few of my favorite phrases and as I find more I intend to share them with you so we can learn together! Here are the phrases I have found that Berlitz seems to think will come in handy when traveling to Sweden;

Rokare eller icke-rokare? - Smoking or non-smoking?

Var kan jag fa tag pa butangas? - Where can I get some butane gas?

Hur ar pollenhalten? - What's the pollen count?

Ar min svenska sa dalig? - Is my Swedish that bad? (I should really memorize that one)

Ni har en konssjukdom - You have veneral disease.

Kan ni reparera den har tandprotesen? - Can you repair this denture?


Until Next time... just make a bork bork bork noise to practice. =D

7 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Semi-Crunchy Momma said…

    You'll have to teach me how to say the veneral disease one next time...I'm all about learning how to say randomly strange things in other languages...I know how to call someone a p*ssy in Albanian :-)

    How are the flowers coming along? Any new creations lately?

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Bratsky said…

    I made a few for my mom on mother's day, but can't find the dang cable for the camera. :S As soon as I can find it I will most def. put up the pics.

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Norma Shineynickels said…

    HAHAHAHAHA....bork bork bork

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I nearly spit on my screen ya goofball. I like the smoking one...ickeickeicke...
    Betcha you can't guess who I am :P Though I do smell of maple syrup!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger sweetviolet said…

    have you learned douche in swedish? cause douche in french means shower. which could cause some confusion.

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Caryn said…

    borkborkbork.

    i tried to learn norwegian in highschool with one of my friends. it was in south africa. go figure.

    learning a new language is an honorable pasttime.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Bratsky said…

    I will look for the word "douche" in Swedish... There is serious worry in my family that I say that word so much that my nephew won't be able to be watched by me without taking in the word. "Mommy, Auntie Claire said you are a farking douche farktard" Then Claire ran the hell away!!! =) I spy a Canadian in our midst! HOORAY!!! Mapley goodness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home